Get set for summer
It is now fairly obvious that the electric car market is growing rapidly, according to Next Greencar with data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) there are almost 400,000 EV and PHEV registered cars in the UK and more than 66,600 pure EVs were sold to the end of September 2020.
Figures published by the SMMT each month show that electric car sales in the UK have risen dramatically over the past few years. While only around 500 electric cars were registered per month during the first half of 2014, this has increased to an average of almost 12,100 per month for 2020.
Source: Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, October 2020.
Why install an EV Chargepoint?
Electric vehicle owners, will holiday in areas where they can charge.
If you own or run a holiday park and leisure destination, now is the time to consider the installation of an EV Charging station or Chargepoint with Forest Electrical Services Ltd.
- Offer a service your customers need – EV owners are starting to search for locally available charging points to inform their holiday decision making. Self-catering cottage listing sites such as Premiercottages.co.uk already offer an “EV charging onsite” search option.
- Increase visibility of your location – your EV Chargepoint will be listed on directories such as ZapMap which EV drivers regularly use to identify suitable locations for visiting (see more information below).
- Promote your green credentials – Advertising your EV charging station demonstrates to everyone your commitment to carbon reduction and increases your corporate social responsibility (CSR) and investment in the green tourism ethos.
- Benefit from Government Grants – Funding up to £350 per charging point (up to £14,000) is available from the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) against in
- stallation costs via a voucher system.
- Generate a new income stream – A “Pay per charge” system enables you to
charge for the use of your facilities or you could include use of charging facilities within your rental costs. You set your own margins, with charging options for different customer groups and back-office monitoring.
- Get ahead of your competition – Future proof your destination location by keeping pace with emerging technologies and innovation.
Vastly improve your customers and visitors experience.
Offering EV charging on site means your customers will spend more time enjoying your venue and facilities instead of planning the next charging stop before they can get on with their holiday sight-seeing. Keeping customers coming back year on year as their families grow and their vehicle technology evolves will build your customer loyalty and ensure you continue to provide a fantastic visitor experience for your guests.
The convenience of charging on site was one of the most frequently requested upgrades suggested by visitors to Caravan and Motorhome Club sites in 2019, as of 2020 the majority of campsites are now able to offer a charging station for guests to use.
Put yourself on the map.
One constraint of being an EV owner and driver is knowing how far you can travel before you need another charge. Holidays are meant to be fun and being spontaneous is a huge part of the holiday experience. Knowing you can re-charge back at base after a day roaming around beautiful coastal resorts or across miles of countryside is reassuringly welcome for guests.
EV owners refer to apps such ZapMap to find out charging locations. Register your EV charging station and attract further custom.
Forest Electrical Services Ltd are fully qualified electrical engineers, accredited to install a range of EV charging units by several manufacturers. OLEV approved to provide expert installations and access Grant funding on your behalf. For more information and guidance on the best model to suit your Holiday Park or leisure venue, call us today on 01823 480905.